The Reproductive Health and Wellness Program (RHWP) comprehensively addresses issues of reproductive health and wellness (including family planning) with a focus on populations in greatest need and identified priorities. An important goal of the RHWP in Ohio is to improve the overall health and well-being of women and men by promoting healthy lifestyles and encouraging the establishment of a reproductive life plan.
For many Ohio women and some men, reproductive health clinics serve as an entry point for health care. Reproductive health services are broad-based, voluntary and private. Family planning services help to:
- Plan a healthy pregnancy
- Screen for diseases or other health conditions
- Improve pregnancy outcomes
- Improve the health of mothers and babies
Family planning clinics in Ohio receive funds to provide services. Priority is given to persons having low incomes and those with no insurance or insurance that does not cover reproductive health services. Fees for services are based on family size and income and no one is denied services if they cannot pay. There is no requirement that a person live in the area in order to receive services.
The Noble County Health Department (NCHD) offers a RHWP exam and services which may include:
- Comprehensive physical exam
- Pregnancy testing
- Pap (starting at age 21) and HPV testing (starting at age 30)
- STD testing and treatment
- Birth control options
- Establishment of a reproductive life plan
- Basis infertility information
- Health education
- Follow up and referral as needed
The Noble County Health Department offers Reproductive Health and Wellness Program (RHWP) exams on our scheduled clinic days. These are as follows:
- 1st Tuesday of the month: 1:00-3:30pm
- 2nd Tuesday of the month: 10:00-11:30am
- 3rd Tuesday of the month: 1:00-3:30pm
- 4th Monday of the month: 2:30-5:00pm
Insurance is accepted. For those without insurance, our fees are based on a sliding fee schedule of charges based on gross weekly household income and the number of people supported by this income. Please bring proof of income at time of service. No one is denied service for inability to pay. However, we gladly accept donations.
Please call for an appointment.