Having an annual exam is an important part of maintaining your health. For men, this is the same as a physical exam with the added function of checking the male sexual organs for any issues. Routine exams can let your doctor know any changes in your body that show signs of problems or disease.
The age a man should have certain screening tests can depend on his family history, and lifestyle.
- Age 20, annual testicular and hernia exams should begin.
- Age 35, thyroid conditions can be monitored.
- Age 40, annual cholesterol tests should be performed
- Age 50, your first colonoscopy is due and routinely every 10 years. Prostate cancer screening annual screenings also.
The Noble County Health Department’s Reproductive Health and Wellness Program (RHWP) provides men’s exams and services which may include:
- Comprehensive physical exam
- STD testing and treatment
- Establishment of a reproductive life plan
- Basis infertility information
- Health education
- Follow up and referral as needed
The Noble County Health Department offers men’s health exams on our scheduled clinic days. These are as follows:
- 1st Monday of the month: 1:00-3:30pm
- 2nd Monday of the month: 10:00-11:30am
- 3rd Monday of the month: 1:00-3:30pm
- Tuesday following the 3rd Monday: 2:30-5:00pm
Please call the Noble County Health Department to schedule an appointment 740-732-4958.
The Noble County Health Department accepts most insurances and can bill your insurance for services. For those without insurance, our fees are based on a sliding fee schedule of charges based on gross weekly household income and the number of people supported by this income. Please bring proof of income at time of service. No one is denied service for inability to pay. However, we gladly accept donations.