Seasonal Flu Immunization
The best way to prevent seasonal flu is to get vaccinated every year. The influenza vaccine is recommended for everyone age 6 months and older especially those at high risk which include:
- Children younger than 5, but especially children younger than 2 years old.
- Adults 65 years of age or older
- Pregnant Women (and women up to two weeks postpartum)
- Household contacts and caregivers of infants younger than six months old.
- People who have certain medical conditions including asthma, diabetes, and chronic lung disease.
- People who live with or care for others who are at high risk of developing serious complications.
The Noble County Health Department has flu vaccine available for all age groups. It is covered by most insurances. Flu vaccine is available for uninsured children and adults at minimal or no cost. Flu shots are provided on a walk-in basis.
A drive-thru flu shot clinic is offered annually in the fall. See our calendar for date/time.